Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ramadan 2010

I have Muslim friends. I see them nice opposite to the usual notions that we hear. And I do admire them on how they observe their holiest of months which they termed "Ramadan".  

Ramadan is a month when Q'uran was revealed. It involves those days of prayer and fasting in which majority of them strictly follow. I remember I had Muslim classmates before during my review classes. They do get out of the class just as to pray regardless whether they miss a lesson or not. They do respect moments of prayer. 

photo from internet
How I wish we can be like them in honoring our own Allah (ouch for me!). We should also observe having intimate communication with Jesus. It may not be at the same time and approach as how they do it but we can join them in their objective of continuously praising the Lord.

I bet some of us are just excited for the end of Ramadan as it means another non-working holiday. Am I Right?

August 11, 2010 is the start of Ramadan for this year and will end on September 09, 2010.


 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails